Re: Site updates April 11th

@connor the question of game removal comes up every few years. There was a time we started removing no longer available games, accept then they started coming back, indeed I remember having to rewrite the page for chicken killer, and now of course with the audiogame archive that sort of thing is more than likely, even as regards demo versions of previously commercial games that can't be bought anymore like rail racer, look at the changing state of the bsc titles.

This is true even of online games, heck Alien adoption agency was gone for more than three years then suddenly made a comeback in I believe 2014 thanks to a facebook campaign.

Plus of course, even for the likes of Allinplay that can't be hosted on the archive and probably won't be coming back, its still good to have a reference guide available so that when the games get discussed people know what is being talked about.

its odd about instructions and the Quentin C playroom, since usually I attempt to give some small overview of a game in my description on each page as i have done with the page for Rs client or Huboodle. however, Nocturnus who I believe first created the Quentin C entry linked to wikipedia and other resources instead.
This was actually quite funny, because originally I started writing a gamelist, then suddenly noticed there already was one, and rather than tearing everything down I just decided to continue with what had been done before, particularly since I confess I've never been on the Quentin C playroom myself, ---- though as I do enjoy trick  card games like hearts, whist  and spades and Quentin C seems to have several I might  stick my noggin around the door at some stage, actually bouillabaisse sounds rather interesting (and I thought it was a french stew with Shellfish big_smile).

Oh, and if your looking for instructions on how to play chess, the Kchess elite page from Arcangle software has a great overview of the rules, complete with a glossery and some basic stratogy ideas find it here

The one game I've always wanted to learn to play is Bridge, but while there did used to be a vaguely accessible bridge program called Bridge barron I have no idea what happened to it at all. Last I checked there were a hole bunch of different versions and variants and I wasn't sure if it was still accessible, indeed I believe the original bridge barron was only accessible via jaws scripts anyway.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AudioGames - News room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector