cj89 wrote:

Basically, keep a well balanced team (within 5 levels.) <...> Between keeping teams balanced and having a variety of type coverage, you should be good. Don't be afraid to play around and see what works for you. Jayde's guide is pretty good in that regard, though it's honestly not something I've followed a ton of just because I like playing around and finding out these things for myself.

Thanks for the tips. Variety of type coverage. I assume you mean the types of monsters that are advantageous against many types? I don't see any in the early game, which is where I am.

I just won my first key. I had to try three times. I finally checked the guide and discovered I was going in with types that aren't super good against sound and plant, like my Aquaffe. I rearranged my team and won with two monsters to spare.

I haven't checked out the guide yet. Like you, I prefer to experiment and figure out what works best for my style of play.

I'm rather used to grinding, so it doesn't bother me that much. Easy way to make money, too. It's just tedious.

That ex Stadium leader in Hazeldale that rates the Manamon captured...Is that worth checking up on? I know it helps me decide where to spend training points, but is it advantageous to capture multiples of the same type to try to get a creature that's superior in several areas? I've tried doing that and it can be tough to get monsters with great stats.