Re: an accessible method to earn a little extra income

I think everyone should be careful about uncited statistics that are casually thrown around. It's not just about this subject, but in general, people are often far too quick to swing the odds in their favor without researching things first, making bold and grandiose claims which never quite seem to hit their mark. It really pisses me off. It's sort of like the 70% unemployment rate among the blind, which, incidentally, made the 99% of businesses are willing to hire blind people statement downright laughable, if we are to believe that 70% statistic which has been floating around for forever and a day. Yes, it is true that blind people are passed over for jobs that they are qualified for, but that 70% has been static for as long as I can remember. Nothing stays the same for that long, especially not when we're talking about human behavior. I'd like to see actual, quantifiable data, backed up by solid research about these types of topics, but I don't think it will ever happen.