Re: Accessible realities looking for alpha testers

Hi everyone,

My name is Zohar. I'm the person behind Accessible Realities and available here for your feedback.

First, I wanted to say big thank you for all the encouraging comments! It really means a lot to me!!

Some background on the project: this social impact project was a challenge I took upon myself, working on it full time for a year using my own savings. After many years in the high tech industry I decided to take time to contribute to the community via this project.

The goal of this library is to help developers make video games and VR, AR, MR accessible for people who are blind or have low vision. It supports Unreal Engine 4 and is in Alpha stage. A year later, I am now sharing via the blog post and videos what the Accessible Realities library can do and ask for your valuable feedback.

Thanks a lot again for your comments.

@ianhamilton_ thanks for posting the blog link and clarifying the mono\spatial audio issue (sorry about that, was a temporary problem with the videos) and of course thanks for all your feedback and great online resources I have used during this year.

@JasonBlaze please see above post from @ianhamilton_ regarding mono clarification. After a very interesting Twitter discussion earlier today with the audio experts of Unreal Engine (they are so nice and helpful) looks like I can do even more with audio to support better spatial audio - stay tuned :)

@pelantas thanks a lot for your Alpha request and for your kind words!

@crashmaster thanks a lot for your feedback :) I'm not sure I understood the memory issue, if you could elaborate that would be great.

@hadi.gsf I'm so happy you like it, this is why I created it.

@cj89 great! thank you!

@connor142 thanks for signing up for Alpha and for the feedback. I agree with you that at least for now, complex, detailed fast paced games with many different objects on the screen at once are not the immediate candidate games for the library. I have quite a few ideas for these as well, but first I want to focus on simpler games, get feedback from both developers and testers and then move on gradually to more complex environments.

@assault_freak great feedback, thank you very much!

@SLJ thank you very much, I'm so glad that you like it and see its potential.

@hurstseth405 joining the Alpha would be great. I think I saw your comment on the blog asking to join, thanks.

I hope I didn't miss any comment (if so, please let me know).
Keep up the comments and feedback. It is very encouraging for me to read them, listen to you and improve the library.

Best regards,
Zohar