Re: Why the ads?

I suspect the ads are needed to keep the site going, as someone said, so I don't mind them personally.

For ad blocking on iOS I can't recommend Adguard enough. It's free, just uses the Safari content blocking feature so doesn't mess with your system's VPN settings and uses the standard filter format that adBlock and uBlock uses.