Re: Any blind drummers?

Use both. My ear is my primary tool, and braille music is something I use to check if I can't figure out exactly what's going on.

I can indeed read braille music, and it's not to terribly complicated to learn. The problem is when you get into situations like the kit. Here's a basic beat in the way Braille music would present it, although this is not braille music notation.

Crash cymbal: beat one has a whole note. Measure of rest, measure of rest, measure of rest, measure of rest.
ride: measure of eighth notes, measure of eighth notes, measure of eighth notes, half measure of eighth notes, halfnote rest.
Highhat: quarter rest, eighth note, eighth note rest,  quarternote rest, eighth note, eighth note rest, quarternote rest. Repeat measure x3.
Snare: quarter rest, quarternote, quarter rest, quarternote, repeat measure, repeat measure, quarter rest, quarter note, eighth note eighth note eighth note eighth note.
bass: quarternote, quarternote rest, eighthnote eighthnote, quarternote rest, repeat measure, repeat measure, quarternote, quarternote rest, quarternote, quarternote.

Simple enough if it's something really simple, but when you've got so much more going on, it adds up like crazy.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DarfVader via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : snape via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector