Re: The Appointment Of Mods

I would love to see a hybrid system.
example.
the admins discuss amongst themselves and go. Who do we think would do a good job. They nominate Franky. Then they post a topic on the boards.
Hey everyone. We would like to bring Franky on board. How do you feel?
Now Franky might have one or two people that don't like him, but the concensus goes. Heck yeah. Franky's got a level head and knows how to defuse arguments, then he might be a good choice.
But just selecting and then putting someone in an admin position only further hurts the perception the community has of it's mods.