Re: SoniFight - Any interest in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Steam)

@SLJ - Glad you got BlazBlue installed.

I've put together a YouTube video of what the config does, and it also includes some details on how to potentially speed up the game so it might run better on your machine (by turning off light bloom and anti-aliasing, and running in minimum resolution in a window). You can find the video here https://youtu.be/3Lno8gPrrwo.

There were a few glitches with the config that I've just fixed, these are:

- The "Return to main menu" option in the pause menu was not announced (this was the one leading you to the OK / Cancel prompts),
- There were some non-sensical On / Off sonification events which stemmed from the Display FPS On / Off memory being re-used. I've de-activated these triggers and made the "Display FPS" option now say "Display FPS is 0" for off and "Display FPS is 1" for on.
- Story mode in-game triggers (P1 half health etc) didn't work because in story mode the rounds have infinite time rather than a clock, so SoniFight never allowed the triggers to play. I've swapped these triggers to be of type "Any" rather than just "In-Game" which means it's possible you may get some non-sensical events in the menus, but without that there will be no useful triggers in story mode at all.

With regard to your post:

I entered the arcade mode, got three menu items.
I think this is just the select to play as player 1 or player 2. Simply push left then a button for P1 or right then a button for P2.

I entered the story mode, got lots of choices, but nothing was read as well.
Yup, I hadn't even tried story mode until about 5 minutes ago. Most of it is spoken, but I may be able to push the non-spoken text to screen reader. However, to do this the criteria would have to be "Changed", which means if the data at that memory address changes then it triggers it being spoken. Can you imagine the cacophony it would make if this memory is re-used for gameplay stuff in arcade mode etc? I'll look into it, but no promises it can be done properly.

I messed up the game so much on my Playstation
I assume you're talking about a PS3 version of this game you have (nothing to do with SoniFight). You could get sighted assistance to restore default options, or perhaps just delete any save data and it should generate a set of sane config options on startup.

If I can get my computer to play nicely, then I'l hook up my XBox controller, see if I can map the buttons
You don't need to do any mapping for an Xbox 360 joypad - it works just fine out of the box. An Xbox fight stick should be fine as well because it operates with the same signals just from a different type of physical controller.

Here's a link to the "WIP2" BlazBlue SoniFight config with the corrections above if you want to try it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfrtnhgsxqh29 … 9.zip?dl=0

Cheers!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Game Man via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : timberwolf1991 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : r3dux via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector