Re: mainstream games that could be accessible but aren't

I know that there are a couple visual novels on ich.io with tts support, and the developers specifically mentioning that they included it for accessibility reasons.

5 is right about tactical rpgs. Simple things like not letting the curser wrap around the grid, allowing for interaction with unmoveable units even if its just an audible error sound and dedicating a couple buttons to cycle through all units all go a long way towards making a turn based strategy game accessible. Ygdra union went the extra mile by including different step sounds for different types of units and terrains. I remember that I could play shaman king, power of spirits on the ps2 alone since it was a mash up of fighting and turn based strategy. Few other games did that, the only other I can think of being chess kombat mode in mk deception, which is a shame because I think tcombining those 2 genres is fun.