Re: I need some reccomendations for a few different windows apps

I would tend to agree with the last post. If you're an NVDA user, though, you can get the Weather Plus add-on, it works well. As for news readers, I'm not really sure what to suggest other than QFeed, although that would of course require you to add all the RSS subscriptions you want to follow manually. Plus, I can't in good conscience recommend that developer's programs anymore. it would be one thing if they were free, but they're not, and his unsavory behavior over the years has pretty much soured me on anything he may or may not do in the future. QFeed does still work reasonably well, though, so if you don't care about that, go for it. I can't really help with a calendar or alarm program, because those functions are pretty well covered by either my phone or my Google Home.