The Blind Comunity

As someone who has been outspoken about the blind and who is blind himself I would like to get your take and tell you things I have noticed. Now I don't want to get in a flame war but these are my personal views.
1. relationships between the blind I think are lacking. Most of the blind men and women do not actively engage in relationships with each other. Most of the blind men I have seen are very lonely and most of the blind women I have seen don't want to even give them the time of day.
2. College is the answer for all. I have noticed that in the blind world that they push College as the answer to all the blind a one size fits all solution for employment wile failing to ignore the fact that the ADA has been passed for years and there has been no drop in unemployment for the blind. Also the amount of blind women vs men in college among the blind or disabled. Wile I have not been able to find data on this it seams that in my findings that the blind women are leaving the men in the dust.
3. Focusing on small petty issues. By small I mean the fact that said person did not allow your dog to ride in a car that seams trivial to the A. I. some day replacing workers like the blind in areas of production and manufacturing.
4. I would ask you what are we as the blind not focusing on?
If there is anything else I failed to add in the post please bring it up. Like I said these are my views and things I have noticed over time through my many interactions with the blind both in person and over the Internet.