Some questions about Killer Instinct

Hi all! I'm playing a lot Mortal Kombat 9 with my sighted boyfriend, and we where looking into other fighting games to have some variety... Maybe we'll buy also Mortal Kombat XL, but, for now, we want something that feels different. I personally don't like street fighter because of the difficulty of the moves - I don't want to destroy my analogs to pull them of Xd -, but I'm looking for a game with a similar audio, I think SF has the best out there. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is a great fan of Tekken, that I don't like because it's not in stereo. So, I was looking into Killer Instinct... It seems to me a fast paced game, the audio is great, the combos don't seem too mashing buttons. However, I'd like to know how playable it is. I mean, is it hard to execute a combo breaker? There are any interactable arenas? And, not related to accessibility, but still... Do the characters feel different one from each other? Thank you so much... And sorry for the long post ahahah!