Re: Dynamic Deck engine with sample game, by Aprone

Keithwipf1, you've hit on a few things I was also thinking would be nice.  A custom message for the [OnlyIf] script, and also a way to display a custom message when the player chooses one of the options.  Those shouldn't be too hard to add, with the OnlyIf one being a bit harder than the other.

As for forcing a specific card to be drawn, would it work to give that card a unique "Type", then use [NextCard] to ensure it is drawn next?

I forget that people may have trouble with the single letter variable names, because that's how I've been doing a lot of my own code since the 90s.  Lol!  Even to this day, many of my variables will end up being just a single letter of the alphabet, and I'm so accustomed to remembering what they stand for that it's completely second-nature.  I intend to look at the code to see how much work it would be to redesign it to handle longer variable names.

I was thinking about a store method while at work, and I wanted to share it just in case it inspires anyone else.  For a store, I imagined something like a shop that lets you spend some money to increase your health by 5 (so healing potions I suppose).  Normally you'd get to pick that option, gain 5 health, and then have to hope another store shows up soon.  Of the 2 options on the store card, the second one would be to just leave.  The first would charge you money, raise your health, but then add another store card to the deck.  The store card has a unique "Type", and the final script uses [NextCard=store] to ensure the store comes right back up next.  This would let the player buy as many potions as they needed to be fully healed, or to stop anywhere along the way, and then leave when they wanted.  It would work for stores selling ammo, food, or even large complex stores that have several options.  The player could buy 4 of the 7 products, if they wished, instead of needing to pick the 1 they want most and hoping another store comes along so they could buy the next.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Niklas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector