Re: Monthly chat December 2018

Hi.
Well it's been a crazy couple of months for me. Where I live we had an enormous wildfire! It burned most of the town next to us and some of ours. We were staying with my aunt and uncle which wasn't ideal. They have a very small house and there were six of us altogether.
We didn't have news of our house for a while, it was a little before thanksgiving before we found out our house was fine. A firefighter told us that the only reason our neighborhood survived was because the wind shifted from east to west, and the fire blew the other way. It really makes you think, we could have lost everything if the wind hadn't shifted. When we were evacuated we just had to take whatever we could and go. I managed to get a few things before we left. It was very traumatic, but we are back home now and things are slowly getting back to normal. About a blok away from us there is still ash and burnt things. In fact if you drive around our town, there is a lot that was completely destroyed. There are still plenty of people who have lost everything, I still find it hard to believe that we didn't.
But now onto happier things! I got out my RCA android tablet, I'm still struggling to figure out how the danged thing works. It has a keyboard, but I'm never completely sure if I'm supposed to use the keyboard or the touch screen itself. Flicking the screen like I do on the iPhone seems to do something although I'm not sure what. It's a fun challenge trying to do things by trial and error.
I've been reading the jane hawk series by dean koontz. It's very good but it has many many similarities to his other Frankenstein series, although that one was a lot more intriguing. The reason I've kept on with the jane hawk series is because it's about fighting a big conspiracy, which is the kind of story I love.
Reading the series has made me think I should reread the Frankenstein series for old times sake. The idea of an engineered super race taking over, along with some other nastier monsters is just so cool. I originally read the series as it came out, and it seemed I waited a lifetime for the third one, which was torturous lol! Now the series is complete, so people don't have to worry about that.
I had a nice Christmas, I only got a few presents, which is exactly how I wanted things. My niece and nephew are staying with us, so I wanted to make it more about them. I got a couple of new diecast cars, and iTunes gift cards, which was more than enough for me.
As far as games go I've been playing a lot of the blindfold titles. The sounds and sound quality is terrible, but the gameplay on those is so good it's easy to ignore. I've also been playing various other word and puzzle games for the iPhone, I love the challenge!
Well that's enough for now, I hope you enjoyed the post, and if you didn't then forget you lol! Have a good new years or whatever it is you celebrate, happy holidays!