Re: Thinking of bying a cheap windows 10 laptop, have some questions

I appreciate this isn't something most people would even consider, and it's not as true for laptops as for desktops, but I personally wouldn't buy a new PC anymore. You can get a used one on ebay, put your own SSD in it, and have a good as new high spec PC for relative peanuts. If anything's wrong with it, you can send it back whether the seller says they accept returns or not. Based on experience, the main thing that slows a desktop PC down is a cluttered hard drive. If the hardware is still in working order after 5 years, it'll most likely still be working in another 5, so replacing the drive makes it work as good as new. This might be irrelevant as you're moving to 10 and it's a lot harder to turn stuff off, but the first thing I do with a new PC is turn off automatic updates. I'm using win 7 now that has never seen an update, and it still works fine, is as fast as it was on day one,  and I don't care much about so-called security vulnerabilities. In my experience, it's updates that cause PCs to start running slow after a few years. I personally much prefer desktop PCs as my primary home computer. I like the small form factor Dells that are around the size of a PS2 or DVD player. I mean, powerful well-made laptops tend to cost a lot more than equivalent desktops, and if you hook up a wireless keyboard, all you have on your lap is a very slim light keyboard. If you can't see the screen, and don't need your PC to be mobile, desktops are far and away a much better option for a home computer.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector