Re: Sound of Magic - A fantastical journey for young and old adventurers

Hi there!
It took me about two days (Do you really think I'm gonna spend the whole day playing games? nah! tongue) and I finished, so yay! big_smile
To hopefully not spoil too much of the game: When playing the game trying to solve puzzles, don't just try out the things that make sense to you. If you are really clueless, try moving around, at some point expect or interact with items more carefully (even if you think it wouldn't get you any further), combine things in your pocket (if it works out, perhaps the description of those new items might get you some extra clues) and try to cast some spells, even if you don't think you have to.
I know it is a pain-in-the-ass, but I think I would have been truly disappointed if everything was ruined by reading a walkthrough.
Let's just say it's not Chillingham, for example, and the way you solve the puzzles in Sound Of Magic is basically some sort of combination of logic, randomness and perhaps luck as well. smile
SPOILER
Good lord, I would have still been stuck if I hadn't read that Chillingham walkthrough which explained that, at a certain point of the game, you had to search through the books in the library for one particular book and even if you know what you are up for, it sometimes takes AGES for this damn book to show up! mad

Anyway, I really had a hell of a laugh when playing the game solving the puzzles due to the funny voices and dialogs.
However, I'm not sure if this game would be an ideal solution to efficiently learn German; sometimes, the language is kinda middle-age based.
Although, I would laugh my head off if some of you non-German speakers play through the game, come to Germany and greet us by repeating some of the phrases used in Sound Of Magic.
"Du siehst verkohlt aus, Zwerg!"
"Husch, hinfort mit Euch!" big_smile
With all the fun aside, I do know friends who would do exactly that, and I just recommended them to put their hands on this game, so see you soon in Germany, guys! tongue