Learning Game Menus On Xbox

I'm wondering how those of you that own the Xbox go about learning game menus? I recently got an Xbox and so far I've read forums on this site, as well as watched youtube videos. Just wondering how others learn game menus. How do you learn the game controls as well? I know these may seem like basic questions, but I'm fairly new to the Xbox and I just want to see how others do things. Learning different methods can help all of us.