Re: CVAA Accessibility Rules Now In Effect

Doesn't the fine money go to the FCC? I doubt it'll all go to that if the FCC gets to dictate where the money goes.

No, Trinity but at the same time skepticism and unease are warranted because none of us know how this'll turn out. Okay. Ethin's posts may be combative but he's got as much right to voice his opinion as Ian or you or I do, he's as much right to explain why he feels the way he does. There's no forum rule saying we all must have the same mindset. That is after all an echo chamber.

I'd be interested to know if any alternatives were discussed, because the CVAA doesn't allow, if I understand it right....for alternative solutions. It's accessibility or fine. To my mind that's not encouraging devs. What would encourage them is not a fine. It'd be money for doing well and making games accessible. Instead of the looming threat of oh, hey, you get fined if you don't do this...how about the reverse, hey, you done this, you get X extra money for it. Does the CVAA allow for that exactly?