Making a Vintage Sounding TTS Voice

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a little pet project of mine with you all. It is an attempt to create a formant based speech synthesizer from scratch. If you don't know what a formant based speech synthesizer is, think Eloquence or DECTalk. Formant synthesis is based on mathematics rather than prerecorded segments of speech.

I have nothing to release yet and probably won't for some time, but I hack away at this on weekends. I am keeping a diary of my efforts with accompanying audio examples. In case anyone is interested, the URL is:
http://blastbay.com/blastvox/

I am still at a very early stage so don't expect anything impressive. Still, it's a lot of fun and I make slow but steady progress.

I will update this from time to time, so feel free to check back every now and then if you're curious.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall