Re: New Horizons, space combat and trading game

@Ironcross plus anyone who is having difficulty with lots of sounds.
Your ship has two scanners, a forward beam that will tell you what is in front of you, and a radar system that will wonk for objects around your position including ships, asteroids, containers etc.

You can hear a ship around you since you hear its engine.
a normal bleep sound with the engine means the ship is friendly, or at least not aggressive, a ponk sound means its an unfriendly ship and likely to fire at you.

With the radar on if you hear a wonk something a bit to the right or left, it means there's something left or right of you, and you need to centre it to get it in your forward scanner and see what it is.

R will tell you a long range object ahead.

To try things out I recommend asking directions to the local nebula which will hopefully be relatively empty if its a friendly system, you can hear the wonk with RADAR ON CLUSTERS OF GAS AND YOU CAN CENTRE THEM TO PICK THEM UP.

Okay I'm getting the hang now and wow the game is addictive. However I've still not been too successful at combat unless there is only one other ship involved, though turning the radar off might be a good idea. Oh and it was the cmb or the thing inside stars that was getting me killed so often previously, and also a bit confusing since flying through objects is a bit none intuative but okay now I've got the nack.

I agree that a different sound for pickups might be helpful, especially in crowded areas.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : freeman69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector