Re: New Horizons, space combat and trading game

Hello!

I would also like to say thanks to the developer of this game. Free audio games of that quality are quite rare.
Since I am a big fan of any kind of Scifi, this game is just what I was waiting for. :-)

I have played it quite a lot in the last days and have reached the dangerous rank today, and was also able to buy a nicely equipped Annaconda.

However, there are still a few things which I don't really understand.
Is there a easy way to find out which objects are located in the current system? The only method which I have found so far is to constantly turn around my ship until I have found what I am looking for. It would be quite helpful to see in an instant wheter e.g. an astroid field or a planetoid is present in the system or not. Is there a way to do this appart from circling around like an asteroid myself?

Another thing that I have not found out yet is if its possible to determine how far the border - let's say of an asteroid field, is away from me, when I am inside of it. If I am attacked and want to reach a position from where I can jump than it would be extremely helpful to know how far away from the jumping border I currently am or which way I should turn to leave the asteroid field quickest.

What's more, I would like to know wheter there are any rules which define how much credits you pay or receive for a specific good at a specific location. For example: If a systems mineral type is gold, will this make gold cheaper or more expensive on a free port in that system? Are there any relations between a systems mineral type and the prices which you pay or get for it at the local markets?
Sometimes it can be quite frustrating to have a full hold of a specific ware when you have to fly from system to system to find a buyer who is willing to pay a lucrative price for it.

I would be grateful for some information.

Last but not least I would like to give a few suggestions about the user interface, which I consider to be quite strange and unnecessarely complicated to operate. The menu structure, especially the way of going back, takes longer than it would have to. A key to launch the ship would also be very helpful, because its needed so often, and a way of going to the top or bottom of a menu would also make the gameplay more efficient.
Additionally, the "ask for directions"-command should better be placed within the auto pilot menu on my opinion.

Appart from that, the game is quite funny and contains lots of possibilities for future enhancements.

Great job, Freeman69,

Kind regards from Daniel.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Luel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jesseleivo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danielpicard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danielpicard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cyco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Viktor via Audiogames-reflector