Re: What is a Man?

Hehehehe, , advertisers go to all this trouble, and if you can't see, half the time you haven't a clue what they're advertising. That tickles me no end. As for what it means to be a man: I think humans have created a society in which all those primal instincts that kept our ancestors alive through all those billions of years of evolution aren't as relevant as they were. So we're stuck with gender behaviours that don't necessarily match where we are as a species. Males and females had much more clearly defined roles in more primitive societies. If you just watch what happens when a group of men and women are sat around on a summer evening while the children play near by. If there's a sound of distress from the kids, the women are on the case before the men have even realised something's up. Men in general are more single-minded and competitive, and less group orientated. Women are more likely to help the group. You could go on for an hour about how men and women are different, but it would involve making unfashionable generalisations, and treading on political eggshells. We are different, but times are strange and roles are becoming muddled. Barring a catastrophe, basic day-to-day survival isn't an issue for modern humans, so we have the luxury to mess around with our previously well-defined positions.