Re: skype autoupdate

Huge thumbs up to ironcross, was wondering if I was the only one thinking this way. By the way, the if it isn't broken don't fix it line is so old and for me personally irrelevant. The technology no longer works like that. By this logic, Windows would not get any updates because well, it's not broken. However, I personally think all this will go away and everybody will get used to this app at some point, it just takes time. The more you keep forcing Skype 7, the more Skype 8 will be updated, new things added and when you are forced to switch to it, you might want to have an important chat or a call but will find out that you have to get used to the app, and it will slow you down. Instead, I recommend asking for what you don't like about new skype so somebody can help. Web apps will remain bloated to you until you learn to use all the powers of your screen reader. There are people who say it's easier to use the app when you turn the virtual cursor/browse mode/whatever off, however that's far from true. In reality, you should combine both, and once you get used to the app you will know that works the best in which situation. For example, when reading or writing chats, the best is indeed to have your screen reader cursor off. However, if you want to turn off notifications for a group, instead of opening group settings and tabbing 10 times, what you do is open group settings, turn on your browse mode, press ctrl end to go to the end of the page and press b a couple times to land on buttons for toggling notifications. Situations like this make the app less bloated and slow, and I don't mind if we had more questions on general skype usage to address instead of how to disable updates for a program. Disabling updates in most cases only does you harm and nothing good.