Re: Creating a Crazy Party server

You need to forward UDP port 2500 to the local IP address of your computer. How you do this varries from router to router, but generally, you want to find a section called port forwarding in your router's configuration settings. From that point, use 2500 for both the internal and external port, select UDP as the protocol, and type the local IP address of your computer. Alternatively, you may be able to select your device from a list of connected devices.

In addition, you also need to ensure that the game can communicate through Windows Firewall. The problem with a VPN is that all participants must set it up, and I don't think the one that was set up works anymore.

If you haven't already, please contact Pragma and ask him about creating a server application. The program should sit in the background and listen for incoming connections. The game should be modified to take advantage of this server app by allowing users to connect, list all available players, and allow anyone to create or join games. This would eliminate the need to forward ports except for the person maintaining the server. I realize that Pragma may not have the resources to host a central server himself, hence why I suggest including the standalone server executable with the game. I would love to host a Crazy party server along with the others I already host. The more people that contact Pragma, the more likely it may happen.