Re: why developers should port their games to the Mac

@dark

command f5 also turns it off smile.
In regards to trying a mac, I didn't try one before I bought one and regretted it slightly. Turns out Macbooks are very capable Windows machines too, at least some models are. The more high-end Macbooks actually have 2 gpu's, the internal, low-power gpu for simple tasks and the external, high-end gpu for when you need more speed. Unfortunately, Windows on the Macbook can only use the external gpu, which drains the battery in between 2 and 4 hours, which was the reason why a friend of mine sold his Macbook. Luckyly, my model only has the integrated gpu, so I get threw the day with eas. There are not many people that know Windows can work on a mac, so it's more often than not a subject of conversation.

Regarding windows xp, I know  we had a somewhat heated discussion ages ago. When it comes to security though, I tend to ask myself the question what a computer doesn't do when it is secure. For example, about 2 years ago, the WannaCry ransomware basically swept threw organisations. It used a 2-month old exploit, which was patched in all supported versions of Windows, which windows xp was not. If you're running an unsupported browser, it's possible or likely you'll be infected even by sites you know, for example this one. It has to do with adds, these are surved by a third-party company and if a malicious ad gets threw and hits the browser it has the same rights as running an exe directly would. That exe can do all sorts of nasty things, but a trend  is to encrypt all valuable documents like word documents, music files, video files, zip archives etc and then demand payment for releasing them. I know I went on a rant slightly, but security is much more important to me than as you put it the huggability or speed or amazing backlit keyboard.