A weird thing happening in chrome

Hello all. I used to go back and forward through webpages with alt left arrow and alt right arrow. Today, I noticed this does not work. However, it does work if I press alt first to open the menu bar and then press alt left or alt right. Just wondering does anybody else notice this so I can know if it's something an update introduced or something that's just happening to me?