Re: jaws: or nvda! which one is better?

NVDA because...
1.  I'm cheap.
2.  I'm not a fan of 10 plus installer entries on my PC just for one program.
3.  JAWS is bloated and has too much stuff I'm never going to touch.
4.  I don't have to license NVDA to run on a stick just as well as it does on my PC.
5.  I don't have to submit requests for new licenses.
6.  I don't have to pay to update my screen reader.
7.  I don't need to brows through a spurious settings center
to try and find options that may or may not exist.
8.  NVDA is nowhere near as much of a ram hog as JAWS.
9.  My curious mind can, if tempted to, find out what is being added to NVDA and test it without having to blame anyone other than myself it anything should go wrong.
10.  I'm a musician.  For the price I'd pay for JAWS I can buy more toys that would do me better.
But yes, I'll play JAWS's greatest advocate for 10...
JAWS because...
1.  It can teach you how to use a computer if you've never used it before, providing you free access to tons of material.
2.  Said material is playable through a free, Daisy player provided once JAWS is purchased.
3.  You can download some pretty cool, optional, alternative voices for it without having to pay anything once you've purchased your license, in the event eloquence is not your thing.
4.  As far back as I can remember, JAWS has always worked better with MS products, particularly office and the like.
5.  Eloquence is default.
6.  Provided you have a current SMA you'll always have free, technical support.
7.  JAWS startup wizard, again, a useful tool for beginners, is rather nice even if you're not one for initial matters.
8.  JAWS is better at reading math equations.
9.  JAWS is still a paid product, meaning it has to provide something worth paying for.  While it could theoretically go under with the emergance of cheaper and free solutions, NVDA is not guaranteed where development is concerned.
10.  As far as I'm aware, JAWS still supports more braille displays than NVDA.
I, Nocturnus, have spoken for both sides.  Now, wag your tail and scratch your head in confusion.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Makiocento via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nepali gamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ciri via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector