Re: I just donated to NVDA

@21, I have expressed my reasons for not having much respect for the team. The people on it have good intentions, but ever since Jamy left (I hope I spelled his name right) NVDA has been declining badly, and the reports I've heard from others about performance bottlenecks, outright freezes, and so on still haven't been fixed. I myself have even experienced a common symptom where NvDA will receive a huge chunk of text and outright stop responding. Then it will start speaking, and most o the time I have to restart it to get it to shut up. And that's not all, I'm sure you (along with many others) have experienced these issues, and so far I've seen no initiative from the developers to fix them. The developers failing, IMO, is allowing themselves to be swamped in issues and problems with NVDA. The documentation of the codebase is poor (I'd even go as far to say that the documentation is practically nonexistent), and so these issues have piled up and piled up and, while they've fixed some of them, there are still 2,000 plus that are still open, some open from 2008. 64-bit is dying very slowly i nthe Windows world, I'll give you that. In the Mac world its already dead, and in Linux its as much as dead. Most of the "regular Linux distributions" (i.e. Arch Linux) no longer even support 32-bit. Ubuntu no longer gives out 32-bit desktop images. Tails OS, elementary OS, Solus... none of these support 32-bit versions. Here's the thing: Microsoft still supports 32-bit because of all the old apps that are still used to this day. But, like Apple, they could very, very easily remove your ability to use 32-bit apps -- and it would most likely require one update. Only one. Granted, the likelihood of them doing that within the next month, year, or hell, even decade, is low. But it is there nonetheless.