Re: My idea to encourage people to use Python and make more games with it

People need to learn how to use the Python terminal with the help function. Most of the documentation for all the things will be accessible from there.
To find those string functions, see what happens when you type:
a="Hello!"
help(a)
... Ok, that's actually an uncomfortably huge amount of information, much of it safely skippable. But that's the general idea. You can call help on just about anything, and it will give you information.
It did take an annoying amount of digging to find chr and ord, though.
This does remind me that I should check out how 64 bit ints work with Python. It turns out that bitwise operations with 64 bit ints are super easy to mix up with 32 bit ints, resulting in some weird crap (I had to write new string_to_hex and hex_to_string functions for BGT to get around this).
I have a port of the sound_pool somewhere, but it used camlorn_audio, among other issues. I tried installing pyfmodex ... was that yesterday? Wednesday? Anyway, really deep traceback I haven't dug through yet, just from the first import, so that's a journey that will wait until tomorrow.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Amit via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tmstuff000 via Audiogames-reflector