Re: Accessibility of online therapy apps?

A few points here:

1. I live in Canada, not the United States, but in general, TalkSpace and Betterhelp are set up so that you pay for a service. if you do not get the service, and if there is no record of you receiving the service you paid for, then you will be able to pursue legal action, and such a thing would be an absolute media shitstorm if it broke. You could make their life absolute hell if that did happen to you, and while I know that's not terribly comforting and not an answer you want to hear in pursuit of therapy, the reality is that, knowing this, these companies would be extremely unlikely to reject you due to your blindness. I suppose nothing is impossible, however. My suggestion would be to write to them before signing up in order to ask them if their services are screenreader-friendly. Best cast, they are, and you give them a try. Worst case, they ignore you outright, and you're up a creek...but at least you haven't bought and paid for something.
2. I'm afraid I don't know anything about the accessibility of either platform and do not have the available means to test the services themselves (financially or time-wise), but I would be willing, if you like, to write to the company and ask the question posed in point #1 myself, so you don't have to. I could then give you an answer regarding the accessibility of one or both companies, providing I got a response.
3. Your bravery is to be commended. People can and do lose their jobs and stuff over outing mental illness, but I really wish that weren't the case. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone has their own various struggles to go through, and we all need help from time to time. Whatever your problems may be, I wish you the best of luck in finding the help you need.
4. Pursuant to that point, I'm offering to help if I can, even if it's just an unofficial/casual thing. I am not a registered therapist, psychotherapist or counsellor. I am in semester 4 of a social service work diploma program, which means that while I know a great deal about social work in general, I am not a qualified, accredited expert just yet. That said, I am trained in counselling techniques and am quite up to date on various approaches which may help you, depending on the nature of your concerns. You don't know me from a hole in the wall, though, so I will more than understand if you find this forward or offputting. I won't push this offer, I'll just leave it here. Reach out in PM if it's something you're interested in making a go of. Good luck either way though.