Re: Heads Up: Response to Community Toxicity

Jayde.
I fully agree with this sentiment, but I do want to at least weigh in on one thing.
I do not believe the Goldgun project was shuttered due to comments made on this forum, but regardless this is a reminder of the power that words carry. I know there were other issues with the project, and though the forum may not have helped I don't believe it was the out-right cause.
I do want to say though that we do need to remember the power that our words have. We may all know the adatage "the pen is mightier than the sword." What we write and say has an effect on those who read it. How we as users conduct ourselves also has a massive impact on how people think of us as both individuals and a community.
I urge everyone who has some time to read about effective communication skills. There are a lot of great articles about how to get one's point across with out being combative.
We are such a small community, and so toxic behavior is extremely damaging. When you see something that upsets you or that you don't like. Try this approach.
Thanks for posting this new game you worked on. However, I don't find it very good and here's why.
When complaining about an issue, always try to provide a solution. And explain why it is an issue to you. Saying that something sucks or is lame is both unhelpful and discouraging.
When in doubt, Bambi's mother gave the best advice. "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all."

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector