Re: what was your first computer

A Sinclair ZX Specturm. It was a really small computer with rubbery keys that you plugged into a TV like a games console. Only ever used it to play games, apart from one time when I spent hours copying out a load of code just to have it slowly reproduce a Union Jack on the TV one pixel at a time: One of the biggest anti-climaxes of my life. To play games you connected a cassette player, and played a cassette to load the game, which in my case were all in black and white because I bought it off my friend, and I think he dropped it at some point. I asked a TV repair guy about it while he was fixing my parets' TV, and he said I don't know much about these things, then unscrewed the back, touched something with his screwdriver, and the colour came on. I looked at him like he was some kind of magician. My first recording setup was a Fostex 4 track, again cassettes, and a zoom 9000 guitar processor. Plug the guitar into the zoom, and the zoom into the 4 track and go. It must have sounded awful, but I had tons of fun.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : deadPixel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector