Why I like old music discussion

Recently I’ve been getting back into old music recordings from the 70s and 60s. I’ve come to notice how much more I really enjoy them than most music from today. It’s not just because I like the content better.  although that is one of the biggest reasons. One thing I also think about a lot is the type of recording technology they had back then. To hear the difference and variation  of studio set ups as time goes on, the good and the bad. Today, everything sounds bland to me. Not just the music itself, but the way it’s recorded, all sounding much the same, with little  variation to me. Yes, that may seem kind of stupid to think about, But I  One individual  who has an ear for detail.

I hope no one perceives this as a rant against today’s music. That’s not the intention,  just my completely honest thoughts.

There’s also a lot of history to be found in old recordings, Through out the entire world,  from Latin America to Africa and everywhere beyond, And that’s something I’ve always appreciated.  There are some true treasures to be found in the music of countries from around the world, because it tells parts of their histories.

By the way, if anyone could  enlighten  me on what techniques they used back in the 70s and around that time for things like getting vocals and stereo sound, I’d be interested to hear about it.