Re: people touching blind people

Ironcross is absolutely right. That's exactly how prejudice works. Prejudice is a useful survival trait, but it has negative repercussions in modern human society. When I'm out and about, I regularly hear children asking what's that, referring to my cane, and what's that man doing. It happened today even. I'm the first blind man they've encountered. If I behave obnoxiously, it'll be how they view blind people because I'm the only representative of that minority. It's not fair, but it is how it is. You either accept that you're an ambassador of sorts, or you say fuck it, I never asked for this role, so I'll behave how I like. The latter is a valid choice. It's up to you. I'm not saying we have to be angels, I have given people the finger a couple of times, even if I did kick myself later for lowering myself to gobshites, but on the whole, I try not to come across as nasty when people are just being a bit patronizing.