Ideas for an Arcade Game?

I have been toying with the idea of making a little arcade game as a hobby project. I can only work on it on the weekends so progress would be limited, but I want to give it a shot. This topic is basically a request for any creative ideas that you may have, to give me some inspiration. I can't guarantee that I will use an idea and I might mix and match them up, but I would be very interested to see what people want. I can't promise that I will finish anything and I don't know whether it will be paid or free, cross platform or not, etc. I just want to see where I can go with it and if it ends up being something worth releasing.

I was thinking of something that should be easy to learn but hard to master. Something that is fast-paced but requires strategy. Something simple but fun. Very vague, I know, but that's sort of the point.

So fire at will; no pun intended. Thanks for reading!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall