Increasing Awareness on Audiogames

Hey everyone, Brian here. I'm the guy working on Lost and Hound, and another fully visual audiogame called Legacies that is a submarine stealth/narrative based game. I've also worked with Blind Sparrow on Ready to Roll, and I'm working with Ebon Sky Studios on Sable and Crimson Eclipse.

A lot of my work in the past year has been behind the scenes and I have stopped updating demo versions of Lost and Hound, so I wanted to kind of post about stuff I've been doing to raise awareness of the blind gaming scene.

Development on Lost and Hound is still going. I'm trying to add systems to the game so that you aren't doing the same thing over and over - following the trail. I'm trying to add little minigames like fetching a ball, playing tug of war or whatever to break it up.

I've been presenting at conventions, most recently PAX Australia about the world of blind gaming. My talks are received very well, and people are incredibly interested in learning more about audiogames because it's generally completely new information to people.

If you want to hear my talk, here is one of them. It's about designing games around accessibility, instead of finishing a game and clumsily retrofitting. https://youtu.be/g8omiypHUGc

Here is an interview I did with Intel - it was about 5 minutes long and they cut it down to 1:25. It is not the best setting, on the show floor but it was nice that Intel took an interest in the audiogame scene.

Here's an accessibility overview of Legacies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqxkXE-Qd8

So I know it seemed like I disappeared after a good amount of Lost and Hound development, but I'm still here and development is still going! I'm demoing it at PAX East in Boston next month, and hopefully speaking on accessibility design.

Thank you all for your support on our Sable Holman Prize video, by the way.