Re: Some BK1 questions.

Hi, and sorry for all the troubles. I was 11 when I first released the game. And the code is a mess, you know.

threeblacknoises wrote:

The question is regarding stats.
I've figured out what all the stats do now, but I wonder if anyone knows what the max for each of the stats is as well as the max level you can have?

Unlimited. But increasing your speed (quickness) too much will result in making you too fast. Since the game doesn't use high numbers like bk3 does, you won't face overflows.
The levelup sounds are random; there's no difference between the three-tone one and harp-ish one.

threeblacknoises wrote:

The non-game-braking bugs have to do with incorrect door sounds playing in a few places, mainly the character's house.
It's just... random when it happens.
The game braking bugs have to do with exiting Ark Higher City and still being in the city even if the forest music is playing and enemies can be encountered.
This happens after I leave out the north exit and then try to go back to the forest that's before the city, you know, the one with the matsutake selsman.
The NPC who lets you out of his house after you've killed the first boss boy can be killed, and this will leave the player stuck.
The warp to the second dungion has no confirmation prompt what-so-ever!
This wouldn't be so bad if the player had a way out other than finishing the level, but as it stands, I had no way to leave and prep when the boss was really, really hard at my then current level.
I did manage to sort-of get lucky and kill it, but I was really considering restarting my game for a little while their.

I have to say that things that would make you stuck were... intentional. You'd say why the hell? I was 11. That's all. What a kid thought is fun but annoying.

threeblacknoises wrote:

And the last thing...
For some reason, the option to load the game from the ingame menu won't appear unles I unequip my weapon by pressing escape on the weapons screen.
I can't navigate back to it with the arrow keys after leaving it, so I wonder if this is some kind of weird design decision on your part, or just an oversight do to this being your vary first audiogame.

I don't know. The game shouldn't be loaded at the ingame screen; it breaks the game sometimes.

threeblacknoises wrote:

And a suggestion just in case you somehow remake or add this game into some kind of BK collection or something...
The quickness and fitness stats should really be combined into just a single stat.
Just call it fitness or something.

As blindNinja mentioned, quickness and fitness affect different attributes for the char, so I probably cannot merge the two.

threeblacknoises wrote:

And the having to press shift to move fast in the field and control to move fast in battle once my quickness stat is high enough is sort of confusing.

But I completely agree with this.