Re: Help with hazing issue (may get controversial)

Hello,
While I understand the situation very well as we’ve had similar cases in our school which occurred with sighted people as opposed to blind counterparts, there is one quite important thing to be pointed out:
1.    Taking harsh decisions on a hard offender will not make him a defender, which in tern will drive him to stop, but will turn him into a greater offender and he’ll start doing the same with other people.
The solution I would propose here is collaboration. At this stage, it is vital to have a close collaboration of all the components that make up the school such as the head teacher whom you call a principal in primary school, the students and a trained psychologist who will manage and supervise this case. Also, the parents of the student who is a bully should be notified about what is happening, despite their family issues. If they choose not to collaborate, then all the job will pass onto the other components  I mentioned above. Communication and collaboration are the two key elements which will help to resolve this issue. If you decide to go directly to punishment and harsh solutions, you will successfully turn that person into a threat to society. I know you and your friends don’t care, also the community does not give a damn at all about what is happening with the guy, but you and the whole community will have to, very soon if you do not act in the right way. And why will you care, by the way?
Remember that the person in question has commited a crime punishable by law. He has insulted, disturbed, and threatened another person by using electronic/virtual means of communication. This, by definition, is called bullying and based on the severity of the actions, the case could be taken as a criminal offence and the bully could be arrested. Another quick solution could be suspending the person from school. None of the above solutions will help the bully stop his behavior. In fact, if you as a community choose to proceed this way, you will immediately contribute to the person experiencing increased level of stress, anxiety, and a persistent desire to revenge on his target who in this case is your friend. The guy will not have the opportunity to do that, so he will choose another path: smoking, taking drugs, drinking, speading up on the road, and most likely passing that revenge onto another person. That’s why you have to collaborate as a school. If you allow a problem to continue without any attempt of challenging it, you will contribute to its growth.
Hope this helps.