Re: provide your ssn, or no paypal for you: how the hell is this legal?

I created a paypal account and added a savings account, due to the fact that we don't currently have my birth certificate we can't get a state ID which means I can't get a checking account with a card. Paypal won't let me interact with my bank at all, it actually declines it when I try to make a purchase, namely through AT guys. But I know everything about it is valid. I thought they only needed your SSN if you wanted to be a vender. Due to my current circumstances, the still lack of the requirements for a state ID, I can't submit this info to them either, and I'd prefer not to if I can help it. All I wanted to do was buy super egg hunt! Also I thought they were perfectly fine with minors accessing their service so long as the bank lets them, but I'll be 18 in less than a month anyways so that won't be an issue for much longer.