Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

Hi Ben!

About the xp, I like the progression you draw there, but I'm afraid it would be a little too subtle for players to notice. I like the xp exception for the Warrior because it is explained clearly by his character. Also, fleeing is now more expensive in that you won't be able to block or dodge it, so receiving 1 xp for managing to do it is a good reward. As a side note, there's now also a consumable item that allows you to flee unhurt; the stink bomb.

Yes, the megadeath weapon can be found like other artifact weapons. Nice you find another ring during your quest, that's indeed quite rare! And congrats on beating the dragon in the second round. It was actually designed that way, to leave that option open, and in the new update I made it a little easier to do that, but it still requires some clever tricks.

And I like the achievements ideas! It's a cool way to add more replayability, but it will take a bit of time to make, I think.

I've been playtesting the new version for 2 days now and I think it's a good improvement. I expect to release it any day now. Will let you know of course smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : imaginingstuff via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector