Re: Trimps

@razvitasca, with the costs of items what you need to do is get onto the button, EG when it  something like "hut, 10 can afford" and hit your mouseover key,  is NVdA numbpad slash to move the mouse pointer to  button. Then you can hit S to go down and read  mouseover  price etc in it. Its a wee bit clunky for now  as Green Satellite said its being worked on.

In terms of web development, I will say I've seen plenty of games that employ a screen reader only mode. Usually this is a toggle in settings which adds labels or changes the interface for some activities and its tended to work well, which is why games like Alien adoption agency and core exiles still work fine as they are even though its been god knows how long since any official access work needed to be done on them.

In terms of trimps I'll also say there are  later parts of the game that likely will require something of an interface rewrite, so having separate display files makes sense.

@Green Satellite thanks for the close button, its only a miner thing but it does help.
Screen readers read letters okay, so the dmg and blk didn't bother me, even if from a vocal perspective there isn't  any less time taken to say dmg as opposed to damage.
the only change I would suggest to the stat display is mentioning "hp" since sometimes when I'm looking through the stats at level 4 as opposed to with level 5 for hp I sometimes get the wrong number if I'm not thinking correctly.

Unfortunately, I was incorrect on the way NVdA reports the action grid, since I believe going up from the bottom actually reads the grid left to right rather than right to left. You can see this if you go down from the  since the last cell on the battle grid  always a coordination upgrade, but NvdA reads the coordination a few below the end.

At this point though to be honest, the battle grid isn't as important in and of itself, since strategically your trimps must always fight the battles in the same order and you always know what cell your on from the log.

the only main information you might need from the grid is on which cells upgrades are, to give you a notion of when it'd be best to press on with a zone, and when best to try a side map or portal.

A simple fix might be to just remove all the labels for bog standard loot,  just generate cell numbers and labels for interesting stuff.

so when you look at the map under the current enemy display you'd see something like
"Zone one, world, size 100, 20 speedminer, 34 Speedscience, 56 efficiency, 100 coordination.

Where  a side map would say something like "haunted plateau mountain, size 25, cell 25 supershield, (knowing the biome type of the map would tell you the loot anyway).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : greensatellite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector