Re: who is your favorite tex to speech voice?

My favourite voice remains Eloquence. It is still unmatched. Clear, responsive, precise, all the good qualities a synthesiser should have.
Besides Eloquence, I regularly use Daniel in my computer to read articles and small documents. It is also the default voice on my iPhone. Daniel is very precise as a British English voice in terms of pronunciation. Most of the other British voices, if not all, mispronounce numerous words and terms in this accent. For instance, some voices may pronounce Yorkshire like YorkShire or something like yorkshere.
One thing I particularly dislike about British voices is that all of them except Peter from Acapela and Bryan from Ivona sound very flat. A British broadcaster or news reader sounds much more lively, inviting and warm. I hear Daniel as a synthesiser but it is nowhere near close to being the Daniel I have heard in a TV program. I believe companies and people who program these voices should adapt them to the characteristics of the languages they represent with respect to speaking.
Since I am planning my studies in Germany for a semester, I have started learning German. German has a really good voice called Viktor. It is absolutely one of the best voices I have ever used. Sadly it isn't an English one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Karlitos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nepali gamer via Audiogames-reflector