Re: Eurofly is driving me crazy!

Hi Nolan,

Here's the best way I've found to take off. It works for me every time unless I make a mistake.
1. Go ahead and extend your flaps while you're turning on all your other systems (radio, transponder, pressure, etc).
2. When you hear the beep for the runway you are supposed to use, turn toward it using ctrl+left arrow if the beep is coming from your left side or ctrl+right arrow if it is coming from your right. At this point, I personally like to be going around 20 miles per hour (32 kilometers per hour).
3. You can check your direction by pressing s. If you're using the original sounds, you will hear a ding and you will be told to contact the tower for takeoff clearance once you're facing down the runway.
4. If you want to be extra safe, stop your plane while you get ready to take off. Then, press f to get the tower frequency and enter it by pressing alt+f. After that, press F1 until you are told that you are clear to take off. This usually takes several tries.
5. You can check your current takeoff speed by pressing ctrl+enter. You can then press c until you hear current takeoff speed. Once you are given the all clear to take off, begin speeding up by pressing alt+home. This will make you speed up automatically without having to hold down the home key.
6. Once you start getting close to your current takeoff speed, begin raising the nose of your plane by pressing the down arrow. I prefer an angle of 15, but you shouldn't have any trouble as long as you're close.
7. When you leave the ground, you will hear a constant wind sound. The instant you hear the wind sound, stop yourself from continuing to speed up by pressing the delete key on the main keyboard (not the one on the numpad). Then, start checking your height by pressing z. At around height 5, press ctrl+f to retract your flaps. Around height 10, press ctrl+g to raise your landing gear.
8. Raising your landing gear will cause your pllane to speed up, so begin holding down the end key to slow down. Keep checking your speed with r until you're at your current takeoff speed. Not doing this will cause you to crash.
9. If you're in a category 1 plane, raising the landing gear will speed you up 12 MPH (20 kPH). If you're in a cat 2, it will speed you up 18 MPH (30 Kph). If you're in a cat 3, it will speed you up 24 MPH (40 KPH).
10. Finally, if you are flying a cat 1, continue monitoring your height until you get to 500 meters, then reduce the angle of your nose to 0. If flying a cat 2 or 3, you can make this happen automatically by pressing alt+z and entering the height you want to go to.

I hope this has been helpful. I know it sounds really complicated, but it just takes practice. If you are still  having trouble, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.