Re: Honest discussion, why pay for and use jaws over free screen readers?

I actually agree about virtual curser support, since that is oen feature of Supernova I miss in NVdA. While you can get a long way with object navigation keys in NvdA there are situations where they are less convenient, though this is one thing I've seen improve.
I will say though console window support in NVdA isn't something I've had issues with once i started to use object nav keys, indeed while the virtual curser in NVdA is not as sophisticated as Supernova's (or at least the way Supernova's used to work in Xp and windows 7), the reading of incoming text in NvdA is superior to Sueprnova's.

As to office support I can't speak for Xl since I never used the thing, but I never had issues with NVdA and MS word, which is a program I use on a daily basis.
Microsoft Outlook is mostly okay as well, though to be honest I've never liked outlook anyway, it just seems overly complex and cluttered and has done ever since the Xp days, which is why I used outlook express, and now Thunderbird.

I can't speak for Jaws here, and likely won't be able to until they actually charge a fair price.