Re: How does the Internet function work in Manamon?

Manamon's online functionality is peer to peer, meaning you establish a direct connection with the other person. For this to work, the host must forward UDP ports 15000 and 15001 to his/her computer and then give the other person his/her public IP address. This is waaaaaay too technical and/or difficult for some people to configure. I'll say this right now! That is absolutely! unacceptable! for!  a commercial product! Yes, the exclamation points are supposed to be there. There's no excuse for this!

Why can we check for game updates and gifts using Aaron's server, but not play online using the same server? I suspect it's mainly a laziness issue. If Aaron responded to the concerns of his customers, he would have had this done years ago.

Why can't we have both means of connection? Peer to peer is nice when the main server goes down, but how hard is it to set up a server program that does most of the heavy lifting? Choose connect to server from the online menu which connects you to the central server. Once connected, you can check who's online as well as create or join existing battles or trading sessions. The server would handle all the communication and no one would have to open ports on their networking equipment. Also, why can't we play with three or four players? Why is the online mode between two people only?