Re: Gathering Community Consensus is Now Not OK

To date, all the posts I've seen that start up drama about this Mason individual have been made by others, by things he's done off the forum, not as a forum member. He hasn't participated in character assassination posts, hasn't been part of any deliberate pirating rings, hasn't been linked to any moderator impersonation scams, etc. While I respect that you guys are annoyed with him for stuff he's done on his own games and services, that's stuff he's done on his own games and services. You're basically saying... This person pushed me in the school playground, can we please ban him from the YMCA?
(Edit) I went back to look at a few topics, and while Mason definitely isn't clean, I'm actually gonna give him the benefit of a doubt here, since any responses he made (be they warranted or not), were in answer to a multitude of other criticisms, insults, and other negative statements about him. If I were the victim of such a stream of negativity, I'd probably be tempted to respond in kind.

Honestly I think a certain sect of forumites seem to have a personal beef with either Mason, the moderators, or both. You guys keep questioning decisions they make on some of the loosest grounds. You're doing your best to discredit the moderators, moderators most of us agreed we needed more of. They do their job, and as a reward, they're criticized for it.

All the childish, judgemental, elitist, self-important, high and mighty behaviour exhibited by some few of the forum members of late have been rather frustrating, and it seems to be those members who post the most. I guess we really can't just be a forum who respects one another's opinions, right? Because to some of you, if they're not using your programming language, or upgrading like you think they should, or linching the people you think they aught to be, they're clearly idiots who don't know what they're doing, be they forum member or moderator.

I read the topic linked to in post 1, and it is if nothing else the straightest form of character assassination, the perfect tinder to kindle the flames of drama. Lately, several topics have been of this nature. Are we a forum for people who enjoy gaming, or are we a forum of middle school children who just can't stop bickering?

I for one emphatically support Jade's decision to close the referenced topic. Please. Lets all remember that we're a community brought together for the enjoyment of audio games, rather than for the perpetual conflagration of fires, just because person B decides they don't like the same kind of socks you like. The world is a wide place, boys and girls. People are allowed to do things as they will sometimes, having their own opinions and such, too. I know, it's shocking!

Kai

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : DaddySpice via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Malia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector