Re: potentially contravirtial: should we purge the forum of 0posters

I fully well agree that there is no point keeping accounts  that have zero posts around, provided the respective account holders have had ample time  actually make posts on the forum.

In terms of banning or deleting though, I am more in favour of banning the accounts.
I suspect a large proportion of those accounts will be spambots anyway, who either attempted to post on the forum and failed, or use the accounts to send spam pms to people.

If the accounts are deleted, then the same spambots could reregister and do the same thing again, and we'd be in exactly the same position.
If the accounts are banned though, then not only the spambot accounts themselves, but also details like their IP ranges are banned too, which makes further spambot registration from the same source less likely.

The only down side with that approach, is that you do risk accidentally banning someone who say created an account, forgot what email they created the account with and so made another one, though how great this risk is, being  the accounts in question are after all completely inactive ones I don't know.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : baby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Malia via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : SLJ via Audiogames-reflector