Accessible Sound Design Course (Free)

Hi everyone. This will be the official thread of my accessible sound design course.
It will be hosted on YouTube. I encourage commenting on the videos, but I will be assigning tasks for you to complete and show me. If you are uncomfortable with posting your work on YouTube, you can post it here. You can send me direct messages if you're really uncomfortable, but if I'm answering 30+ direct messages each video it will take up a lot more time than commenting in threads.

Warnings:
1. Don't publish/sell content if the sound requires a license you don't have
2. Use speakers if possible in the beginning. If you hit a wrong button you could increase volume to a dangerous level. This could damage your ears. Keep your sound at 25-50% maximum in the system settings of the computer.

We will begin with vocabulary. You will be lost if you don't know these words because I will use them frequently.

Frequency
The spectrum of sound, represented in Hertz.

Hertz
The unit of measurement for frequency. Humans can hear between 40 Hertz (Hz) and 20,000 Hz. People measure Hz sometimes in their metric measurements, such as Kilohertz. We will not, because it's better and less confusing to use larger numbers than to be converting numbers in your head all the time.

Pitch
Highness or lowness of a sound as determined by how many vibrations (sound waves) occur in a given time

Octave
A musical term - one set of notes using a major scale - doe, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, doe. While the first doe is 8 notes away from the second, the wavelengths match up perfectly and they're technically the same note, however the second is simply twice as high.

Gain
Amount of signal sent to output.

Peaking
Too much sound being sent through either a microphone or Digital Audio Workstation (Reaper) so that it distorts the sound. Sound that peaks is unusable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector