Re: Future of The Killer?

I have not posted in any of these topics because I try to stay away from drama as best I can.  That being said, I'd like to make one observation here.  I believe strongly that this community should come together and work as a team on projects such as this.  I've posted to that effect in a few threads.  I believe that if devs were to work together, we could come up with something absolutely awesome.  A game such as this is exactly the sort of thing that could be made into something great with teamwork, and given that it's an online game, it would also lessen the load, instead of leaving it all to one developer.  I like the ideas in the original post.  I'm not going to comment on who has who's source code, as I have no direct knowledge regarding that issue.  What I will say is that it seems to me that if someone has the original developer's code, and they make modifications and improvements to that code that make it better, as long as they provide a copy of those modifications to the original developer and they do not try to make any type of monetary profit on the modified code, I see no harm.  In fact, I can see benefits for both the original developer  as well as the community at large.  So all of the people who have this source code, why not get together with the original developer and expand this game into something great?  Ivan, as the original developer, instead of looking at the bad side of someone else having your code, perhaps you could look at it as a chance to work with others and come up with something great.  After all, you by your own admission have stated that no real updates have been made to the game in a while, so if other members of the community are making modifications and improvements, this benefits you as well, as it keeps a game alive that otherwise might have died, just as so many others have.  Therefore, perhaps you should be open to working with the ones who have modified the code, and perhaps together you might create something that will go far beyond what you could have achieved alone.  Given how small this community is, it seems to me that if we want games that last, games that aren't either abandoned in mid development or very shortly after release as so many have been in the past, mayhap we need to change our mentality and be more open to teamwork and collaboration.  At the end of the day, no one really cares who develops a game, who did what, or who gets what credit.  The important thing is that there's a fun, engaging, and vibrant game for the community, right?  I firmly believe that more could get accomplished if people work together instead of expending useless energy engaging in all of the bickering and back and forth that seems to be so prevalent in this community.  If people would work together and spend half of the time coding that they spend engaging in these useless, petty drama fests, I can only imagine the projects that might actually get completed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : austen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TBlaze via Audiogames-reflector