Re: How did you manage to run the sound enabler for safe mode?

let's clear up some things here.
1) the reg hack mentioned in post 1 works from, I believe, XP upwards, until 1709 win10. Above that, the mentioned error occurs.
2) As turtle power said, there is an up to date version on win10, use that instead.
3) While, in theory, audio should work on 1803, I have heard in many cases, for it to not be the case. I know for a fact, if you get rid of realTech, and just use high definition, (reproduced on a lenovo) audio will work.
4) In theory, when audio does work, NVDA should just boot right up. or JAWS, even. if it does not, you know you got no audio. I'm pretty sure a lot depends on sound drivers and sound cards them selves, someone else attempted this on a dell inspiron of some kind, they lost audio completely. were using realTech when doing it.